CMP is the biggest container terminal in the Øresund Region and services almost 4 million consumers.
Opening hours during 2014 - click here
Opening hours during 2014 Danish edition - click here
CMP is an important link in the container transport chain: Turnover consists mainly of consumer goods which arrive on feeder ships from the continental transit ports of Hamburg, Rotterdam and Bremerhaven. CMP’s market position is based on:
- Two different terminals in the Øresund Region – covering two countries
- Gantry cranes and equipment according to the latest development in container handling
- Easy access located next to port entrance
- Large areas for future expansion
- Fast operations with a high average productivity
- Professional and reliable staff
September of 2011, container processing in Malmö was moved to Norra hamnen, thereby enable close interaction between ships, trucks and rail. In Copenhagen, a new access road to the motorway network will be ready in 2014. This will significantly improve truck traffic to and from the port. The strategic plan is to move the container terminal to a new site in 2018 – near the present location.