At Copenhagen Malmö Port AB (CMP) we aim to create a competitive edge for our customers by taking a holistic perspective. We thus work to create a balance between economic, social and environmental aspects. We believe that sustainable development is an important part of corporate social responsibility (CSR). Our environmental approach focuses on air, water and soil quality and the energy and waste cycles. In the long run, we aim to reduce our environmental impact both on a global and a local level, for example climate change and noise pollution.
We believe that by working as following, we can create the necessary conditions for CMP to contribute to a sustainable development. We shall therefore:
- Take responsibility for environmental issues and be aware of our actions’ environmental impacts. This requires a continuous effort on education and competence development.
- Take the lead and find innovative solutions in order to encourage technological development. “Best Available Technology” (BAT) is a given.
- Work actively to find solutions that best benefit the environment.
- Upkeep an open dialogue within the company in order to share knowledge and to find jointly practical solutions for everyday duties.
- Nurture a straightforward communication with the environmental authorities to establish trust and efficient processes.
- Cooperate with our customers to find environmental measures that benefit both parties.
- Include environmental aspects and a lifecycle approach when managing our supply chains.
- Actively participate in business networks and other interest organisations in order to build valuable collaborations with an exchange of knowledge and experiences and within which we can initiate and propel issues of importance on a national and/or international level.
- Contribute to creating a constructive social development as we play an important role in our society.
- Focus on prioritized issues in order to work systematically with strategic goals and recurring evaluations to achieve continuous improvements.
- Work with standards to clarify our environmental efforts and to gain trust both internally and externally.